Sunday, June 17, 2007

taking care of the boys......

Vince has been so busy lately that I've barely had any time to myself with taking care of the kids, so as a result I haven't posted anything thing new lately. My days have consisted of breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack times, bottles, diaper changes, and occasional temper tantrums either Elisha or me. But As I sit here looking around our house at crackers ground into the carpet, toys covering the floor, and the smell still lingering of the nastiest poopy diaper Josiah's ever done, there is no where else in the world i'd rather be. With kids you can get a kiss whenever you tell them to kiss you. A hug when you ask for one. You can dance to kid movies, crawl around on the floor or play hide and seek. All things you wouldn't normally do. I love taking care of our boys and I wouldn't give it up for anything. Just when I'm running low on fuel to get through a long day God ALWAYS give me strength when I rely on Him. It's amazing! It's definatley hard at times with my husband being gone a lot, but I feel so privliaged that God has given me this ministy here at home. And I want to make sure I glorify God through all the little stuff I do around here. If I could just keep that in my head when I'm scraping food off the wall or refolding the laundry I already folded. My mission is to glorify God through all these little things I do each day. Even when I don't know what day it is. So, with that in mind Vince leaves again in a few days for a week long trip so....if anyone wants to come over and help me take care of my kids just give me a call :) It's fun...I promise.

4 comments:

The Bagley Bunch said...

Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him."
Psalm 127:3
OH MAN, that picture of you and Elisha is AWESOME! Aaaah the life of a Mommy huh :)?! That is so true--lack of sleep and through every circumstance, children TRULY are a gift from the Lord! Even through "Cheez-It tornados" and "poo-poo wall murals"...I wouldn't trade ANY of it!!!!
LOVE YOU girl!
P.S. I still have a birthday present for you :).
P.S.S. Your boys were SOOO good at the wedding/reception this weekend! I especially loved Elisha's "skittle mustache" ! ;)

Anonymous said...

You bless me so much honey, even more then you bless the boys. I couldn't imaagine anybody being able to be a better mommy then you. your'e the best. Thanks for supporting me in ministry and let me know if I am ever neglecting my first ministy...YOU GUYS...it is always on my mind. kiss kiss. hug hug.

mam-maw said...

Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her:
Proverbs 31:28
You are such a great Mommy and the boys love you. The way Josiah crawls after you; the way he follows you with his eyes when you leave the room. And the way Elisha talks about you and how he depends on you. What a blessing you are to them and what a blessing you are to me.

Jon and alyssa said...

Ahh, the life of ministry. I love your blog, it is so cute! Hope everything is good.

Godbless,
Alyssa Lee