Friday, January 18, 2008

You know you are offically a "mom" when...

1) When you are eagerly checking the mail each day waiting for these magazines to come. I think yesterday I got a little to excited when they both came on the same day:)
2) When 8:00p.m. feels like midnight
3) When you sleep in until 7:00am and you think you slept in soooo late.
4) When you feel so accomplished and happy that your child ate a plate of vegetables.
5) When you are the only one who understands what your kids are saying.
6) When it takes you 20 minutes to get in and out of your car w/ your kids.
7) When you can clean up toys, entertain your kids, talk on the phone and fix dinner all at the same time.
8) When your purse is full of more kid things then your own things.
9) When you answer over 400 questions a day
10) When you dream at least once a day about something else you could be doing but then realize you have the best job in the world and wouldn't give it up for anything :)

3 comments:

Cowen Family said...

Kim!
It is so true! Thank you for the insight, although I never have time to read magazines. I really questioned why I would receive subscriptions as gifts...I am glad to know you are able to read them:)
At TMOMs(my mom's group) they did a table contest to find out who had the most mom things in their purse...funny thing is that almost all the tables tied! The list: silverware, car, crayon, sock, pacifier, diaper, plan book, kid snacks, and the list goes on. I think there were 20 items on the list...and I had almost all of them! You definately can say I am a MOM!

Anonymous said...

Kim, your boys are so blessed to have you as a mom!!! that is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

This was so funny! Love reading all that you put into this BLOG....You're a great Mom, honey and the boys will always benefit from your insightfullness and wisdom.
Love you,
Mom