Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"Sunburn" part 2

So apparently this sunburn was a little more serious then I thought. The picture below, in my previous entry, is a picture of one of Elisha's burn blisters. Within the hour of taking that picture his back started getting blisters all over and they were breaking open. So after I took him to urgent care that night they said he had a really bad burn 1st and 2nd degree and that could possibly turn to 3rd degree if the open wounds get infected. Elisha has his upper back all bandaged up around his shoulders with medicine all over it. I have to re-bandage him each night and return to my doctor in a week to make sure it healed correctly. I don't have any updated pictures of his back to post because taking pictures of how his shoulders looked with all the blisters would just make me feel worse if I had to look at the pictures. So anyways, lesson to my self.........SUNSCREEN. Oh and for the record I didn't put ANY sunscreen on Josiah the day they went swimming and Josiah just got a nice golden tan. That gives you an idea of how white Elisha is.

As a side note, the funny thing is just a week ago I was at the store in the lotion aisle when a dad came down the aisle with his 2 little kids who were sunburned to the crisp. I looked at him thinking only a dad would forget to put sunscreen on his kids. As he stood there I asked him if he was looking for the aloe vera. He said "yes" and I refrained from making a joke on how they make this thing called sunscreen that works great. Luckily I kept my mouth shut. Soooooo fast forward a week later I’m at urgent with my sunburned 3 year old, wondering what people must think of me. So I guess we all make mistakes in parenting at one time or another.

1 comment:

The Bagley Bunch said...

Oh NO Kim! I am so sorry! I feel kind of guilty since it was at my house that this happened :(. I just read the blog to Daniel...we will be praying for a speedy recovery! Love you guys!! xoxoxoxox