Do you like taking naps? Everyday my kids take a 2-3 hour nap. Nice I know:) There are so many day's that I'm soooooo tired and would love to take a nap but it's almost not worth it to me. See I Love & Hate taking naps. Let me explain, when I take a nap I can't just rest on the couch. I have to be in my bed, and I can't just go to bed in my jeans so I have to put on my pajama's and then I can't sleep unless I've washed my face and brushed my teeth. I just won't fall asleep unless I do these things. Once I'm asleep I don't do the 10-20 minute power naps, I sleep at least 2 hours. Then when I wake up I actually feel worse then before I took a nap, even more tired. So I have to make coffee again just to wake up. It's like I'm starting my day all over for the second time. I would usually rather go all day being extremely tired then to have to go through all that just to take a nap. Then there is Vince he can sleep anywhere, anytime, with loud noises all around him or kids jumping on him. He will sleep great! So this is my dilemma for today. I stayed up way to late last night and a nap sounds so nice right now.
Anyways......I'll leave you with this picture of Josiah taking a nap on the beach last year. I think he takes after Vince.
This picture was taken a while ago. This is Vince taking a nap under all that stuff. Elisha gathered all this stuff from around the house and put it on Vince while he was sleeping. Then he put the couch cushion on top and jumped on him! He didn't even wake up. This was the day after a swat trip:) He was really tired!

10 comments:
I always feel worse after I take a nap too. But I feel super lazy when I take a nap. lol. It's better to just go through the whole day tired because you will sleep better that night! :)
Well, you know my schedule :)..needless to say I am a FREQUENT nap taker! I am blessed that Bubba and Munchkin will sleep now from about noon to 3 every day. Then I can take an hour to make dinner before work, then hit the hay with them for a while. But if I take too much or too little of a nap, I feel groggy as well. I am more like Vince...I can so sleep anywhere! On the plane home from Kentucky, I slept while holding Bubba, upright in the plane, in an aisle seat, just fine. So funny. Love that pic of Elisha....call me girl! xoxoxoxo
After Jon and I got married, we started taking naps on Sundays after church. Well, after seeing the effects of us napping, (bad attitudes, grouchiness, and not being nice to each other) we stopped that habbit. Now we always tell ourselves when we are tired, "we'll sleep better tonight if we don't take a nap."
Heres a cool little picture I found that talks about naps!
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v357/cyborgcommando0/?action=view¤t=1213462663_8520-1.gif
Naps have quickly become one of my best friends. They are amazing. If I can take a 5 minute powernap on my lunch break, oh man, I am energized!If i get 20 minutes, I am bouncing off the balls! Forget monsters and red bulls...i need a nap.
I feel the same way about having to brush my teeth and wash my face before I take a nap. That's pretty weird too. I also wake up feeling like i just dragged myself out of bed in the morning. I just avoid naps now. I would rather make sure I am real tired at night and sleep in a bit in the morning.
ha ha ha....Power naps are my friend.......but I only need 5 or 6 hours a sleep a night too.....maybe you'll be able to Power Nap when you're old like me!!
Love Ya
I love taking naps! I wish there was nap time in college, i never appreciated them when I was in kindergarten. I miss nap time. I wish I had time for napping, I guess im more like Vince, bc i can fall asleep easily if im tired. But there are times when I feel worse than i did before. Because then I just want to sleep. Lol
Naps are good...but i hardly ever nap. But unlike you...power naps work for me :) one time bethany and i were at camp for CBU and we took a 10 minute power nap! wow it was the BEST power nap of our lives! you can even ask her! we felt like we had slept for forever!
Andy is the same way as Vince. It drives me crazy. It must be in their genes. He has even napped in a movie theater!!!
Post a Comment