Friday, August 5, 2011

Wells of Grace

Some of us pastor's wives at church were asked to write on the subject of Grace. So here is an old blog I decided to re-write:) Because it is still applies to me today! There are a million things that come to my mind on the subject of grace but this is what stands out to me the most right now.Wells of Grace

Being a mom with 3 small kids at home comes with lots of joy, laughter, smiles, love, cuteness, busyness, and energy. My days normally consist of making breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, diaper changes, and occasional temper tantrums either the kids or me. There are plenty of times my days feel overwhelming or monotonous. But as I sit here looking around our house at crackers ground into the carpet, toys covering the floor, and the smell still lingering of a diaper I just changed, I can’t help but smile and be thankful for His grace on this ministry He has given me here at home.

I love that with kids you can get a kiss whenever you tell them to kiss you. A hug when you ask for one. You can dance to kid movies, crawl around on the floor or play hide and seek. All things you wouldn't normally do. I love taking care of our boys and I wouldn’t change it for anything.

When those times come and I find myself losing perspective of what God has blessed me with I often stop and meditate on verses like 2 Corinthians 9:8 which says, “God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.” I am confident that God will abundantly provide all I need. When I choose to rely on His Grace He faithfully pours it upon me. My daily tasks are then filled with joy, strength, contentment, love and delight. After I turn to God’s word I realize the very chores that threaten to drain me become wells for grace that God is pouring into.

The wonderful thing about these wells is God doesn’t just fill them but He overflows them. As a result the abundance of grace washes into the lives of my family and those the Lord sends my way. It blesses me to know that my need for grace will also turn into a means of grace for those that I love.

Our ministries can be hard at times with all that may be on our plates, but when we meditate on Him and allow the Holy Spirit to fill us, we will have the strength to glorify God in all we do big or small. Now if I just continue to walk in God’s grace while I'm scraping food off the wall, or refolding the laundry, He will use me as a channel of His undeserved favor to all that are thirsty for grace.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Thank you so much for sharing that. It was such an encouragement to me!

Jon and alyssa said...

Such great words of wisdom! Thank you!