Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas time

I love decorating our tree. It's so much fun to put all the ornaments up and look at all the ones people made for us, or gave to us. And to look at the kids "first Christmas" ornaments. I remember when I was little I would always make ornaments at school and church and bring them home to my mom and she would proudly put them on the tree. Then as I got into high school my mom would still hang them right in front of our tree. And I would tell her with my teenage attitude , "Why do you still put those on the tree, they are all old and ugly, when I'm older and have my own tree it's going to be all really nice "matching" ornaments." Well, now i'm older and have my own tree and I proudly hang the ornaments Elisha has been making me. Others make think they look funny but they are my FAVORITE! And I'm sure I always will put them on our tree. I guess you change when you have kids, the things they make you are far better then any store bought ornament.
Which reminds me I also use to tell my mom, "When I have kids I will NEVER make them clean their rooms!" Yet another thing I have changed my mind on:)



















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures......I love you. These will be memories you will always remember. And YES, the ornaments your kids make will be always the best ones. Just as favorite things from school.......(the cow) !!!!!!
Your tree looks BEAUTIFUL.........

Cowen Family said...

Kim,
Yeah for Christmas! We put our tree up last Saturday and I even stared wrapping gifts! I am even more excited this Christmas this year! Your tree is beautiful. Memories will last a lifetime. Hope you have a great weekend!

The Bagley Bunch said...

Aaaaw this was too cute!!! What a GREAT time with family huh? Sammy's handprint from last CHRISTmas party is still hanging right in front on the tree--it's the first thing you see. She is proud of it, and so are we!! Kids are awesome!!! Love you guys!!! <>< DVS