Sunday, December 2, 2007

Making Ornaments

Last week the boys and I made ornaments. Elisha had so much fun. We had Josiah helping to but he just kept eating the dough.

They are so easy to make you just mix 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup salt, and 3/4 cup water. Knead the dough for a few then make whatever shapes you want! Then when you are done bake them at 350 for 1 hour. I made the Snowman for Elisha, and the hand print with Josiah's little hand, the heart, and Elisha made the top left ornament... whatever it is:)
Then we painted them
And hung them on the tree
Elisha's creation!
And my multi colored snow man that Elisha painted


3 comments:

Cowen Family said...

What a great idea! They turned out so good! They are always the best and fun to see how they get better and more creative over the years! Yeah, it's Christmas!

Anonymous said...

You will cherish these ornaments and moments forever........
love you lots
Mom

The Bagley Bunch said...

Oh THIS is how you got that cute little handprint ornament!!!!! I will sooooo have to try this. I love it girl--these kind of posts are my favorite! Thanks for sharing this--it will be such a blessing to try this with Sammy :). xoxoxoxo
<>< DVS