Friday, March 7, 2008

Every day of my life!

Vince always makes fun of me for saying the phrase "Every day of my life." But there are just some things that happen every single day. This being one of them. Every day I put the kids books all neatly back up on the bookcase and each day when i'm not paying attention they pull all the books off. They know not to do this. So they wait until I'm on the phone then they do what there not suppose to do. See, I have a phone with a cord so when I am talking to someone I am confined to this one area, and they know that. So when I hear all the books crashing on the ground its my cue to get off the phone. I have made them put all the books back on the bookcase but that doesn't help, because they don't do a very good job. Well, they do as good as a 1 and 3 year old could do ( I wish I had a picture to insert here of what the bookcase looks like when they put the books back). I guess now I have to take extreme measures....and figure something out:)

3 comments:

bagleybunchblog said...

That looks really familiar ;)! I missed you last night at Day 7!! We hadn't been in forever and LOVE the Day 7 Worship Band so we decided to head on out. I am sure Vince told you but he had us ROLLIN' :)...Pastor Steve had just begun his message, and Daniel gets a text message from your hubby who was sitting on stage at the time, that read "peek a boo, I see you"...we couldn't stop laughing like the whole service! Out of ALL of the people there, he saw us, and he managed not to even crack a smile when he saw us laughing as we read his text!! Tell him thanks again for the laugh :). We love and miss you guys! xoxoxoxoxo

Cowen Family said...

Kim, Whether it may be the way you may want it, I would still have them pick up the books. A little later you could go and straighten it when they are not around but I really would have them reap the consequences. Eventually they will get it that it is no fun to have to pick them all up...at least I hope so. We are working with Matthew about picking up his messes and this last week, I noticed him doing it without being asked! YEAH!

Anonymous said...

I can relate to that.....they did the same to me the other night....what little munchins they are.....
Do you know where that phrase came from? Does Channel changer ring a bell? Hee Hee
Love you,
Mom