My first year doing Woman's bible study there was a girl in my group who shared something that stuck with me. She came from a big family, she had like 8 brothers and sisters. Anyways, she had a verse she picked out for each of her family members that she would pray that verse for their lives. So I decided to do the same.
When I was choosing verses for people in my family I thought about what they might be going through in life. For instance my aunt and uncle are in the process of adopting a child. So the verse I pray for them is Proverbs 16:9 "A man's heart plans his ways but the Lord directs his steps." So, As my aunt and uncle pray and seek the Lord and plan the process of adopting I pray God will direct their steps. It will be awesome to see the Lord answer this prayer when they receive the child God has for them.
My brother and sister in law awhile back were praying about moving to Utah. I would pray Proverbs 24:3. That they would have wisdom and understanding on where to establish their home. They did move to Utah and I believe the Lord definitely directed them. It is really cool to write down the answered prayer then find a new verse for them.
For my cousins who are coming into those pre-teen years I pray Romans 12:2 upon their lives. "And do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."
These are just a few examples of the verses I pray for some family members. I really enjoyed picking out a verse for my husband, my children, parents, in-laws, my brother, and other family members. So as I pray the verse I picked for them it is a springboard on how to pray for them. It has really helped me to stay focused and to remember each persons needs. So I just thought I'd share this in case anyone wants to do the same:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
What an awesome thing to do! I found your blog awhile back through Alyssa's myspace and I've been a "blog stalker" for awhile. This post really spoke to me so thank you for sharing!
-Alicia
I think I am so going to steal that idea too! Thanks for sharing girl! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
What a great idea...although I always struggle with finding "the" verse with stuff like this...any ideas?
Alicia :) Glad to have you! I looked at your blog and will be going back to it I love the recipes!!!
Hannah,
As far as finding verses I don't have any GREAT ideas. It took me FOREVER. I just thought about each person and asked the Lord to show me which verse. Eventually a verse would come to mind and I would look for it and find other verses on the way:)
Kim, I was checking your older posts and ran across this one. What a great idea! I will definitely start doing that for my family and friends. Love this idea because prayer really does impact peoples lives!
Post a Comment