Saturday, October 4, 2008
The next 2 weeks.......
Thursday morning I spent the morning at the doctor's with Elisha. It never fails that every time Vince is gone on a trip I have to make a trip to urgent care with one of the kids. Well this time Elisha had been limping on Wednesday night then by Thursday morning he said it hurt when he walked and didn't want to walk anymore. So, instead of going to bible study like I had planned we just headed to the doctor. After x-rays and blood tests the doctor said he is fine he just has this thing called toxic synovitis. It sounds bad but its really nothing. It's really common in boys his age. It is a form of arthritis that is not permanent. It will go away in a few days. Anyways, the doctor said he has to stay on the couch for 2 weeks! Not walk around at all, even after he is feeling better. And if he gets up and walks around to much he could have further problems in the future (I know random)? So anyways, to make a long story short, I now have the challenge of keeping my active my 3 year old on the couch for 2 weeks. Yesterday was day 1 and we watched almost every movie we have, played candy land several times, and read lots of stories. It was kinda turning into a loooong day of being inside. Then last night my friend Hilary came over for dinner and rescued us for the evening. She brought Elisha a new game and a puzzle, which occupied him for the rest of the evening. And hung out with me which was nice to have adult conversation (Thanks Hil!). Anyway, look for lots of boring blogs the next couple weeks as I'll be home with not much to do:)
Josiah has been nice enough to keep Elisha company on the couch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Girl, I will be praying for you! That's crazy!!! Dirk is in Philly and told me this morning that he was talking to Vince about being away from home. I had no idea that he was gone so often to set things up for the Crusades! I don't have any kids and I'm dying for Dirk to come back. I will make sure to keep you in prayer now and in the future.
Kim, I really don't have anything to do during the days right now since I'm looking for a job. I would be more than happy to come keep you and the boys company and help make those long days not so long. Let me know if you'd like that. I may have some games I could bring over too. I'll be praying for you, girl. I love you! You can e-mail me at ireallyluvsugarland@yahoo.com
Aw poor guy. Seems like he is being good sport though--how do you explain that to a 3 year old?! Let us know if you need anything. We have just every Veggietales video under the sun too :). Love you guys and we'll be praying!
Post a Comment