I wanted the kids to enjoy being boys and get as dirty as they wanted. It didn't even bother me to get into my sleeping bag that had dirt all over it from the kids. Or to go to bed without washing my face. We did the full camping experience and we really enjoyed it. So now that I'm back at home we are sleeping in our clean beds and are clean people again! Here's a few pictures!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Camping weekend
This past weekend we went up to big bear to go camping with a bunch of people from church. We had lots of awesome fellowship with each other it was such a blessing. Both nights we "marshed" marshmallow's (that's what Elisha calls it) and made s'mores. We had a great time of bible study and worship on Saturday night and then Sunday morning had a time of devotion as a group before we headed home. On our way up I decided to just enjoy our time outdoors and as a family and not be a germ freak. So as I'm thinking about that on our way up Josiah gets car sick and throws up in the back seat. So we calmly pulled the car over, stripped of his clothes, scooped the barf (sorry to be graphic) out of the car seat, cleaned him up with baby wipes and continued on our way up. No big deal:)
I wanted the kids to enjoy being boys and get as dirty as they wanted. It didn't even bother me to get into my sleeping bag that had dirt all over it from the kids. Or to go to bed without washing my face. We did the full camping experience and we really enjoyed it. So now that I'm back at home we are sleeping in our clean beds and are clean people again! Here's a few pictures!

I wanted the kids to enjoy being boys and get as dirty as they wanted. It didn't even bother me to get into my sleeping bag that had dirt all over it from the kids. Or to go to bed without washing my face. We did the full camping experience and we really enjoyed it. So now that I'm back at home we are sleeping in our clean beds and are clean people again! Here's a few pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
The boys soooo look like twins in the 2nd to last pic of Vince holding them and everyone has their hood on. So cute! I will have to call you this week and see how you did in the weather :). Sounds like such a blessed time, girl! Oh and by the way, I am TOTALLY going to boycott this blog until you post the picture you promised me you would!! Ski mask!! Ski mask!! Ski mask!!! :)~
aw im glad you guys had a fun weekend! those picutres are so cute!
Aww it looks like you had a fun weekend! :)
Yay! We found each other in the blog world! We definitely need to hang out soon. I am reminded of you often and always want to get together. I have a bit more free time now. This post is cute. I love the picture of Josiah with dirt in his mouth. It just makes you laugh and wonder what the rest of the story is :) Your boys are getting so big! Miss you. Talk to you soon. Lindy.
I am so glad you had a great time camping. And I'm glad you guys like camping more than we ever did!!!! Great pictures, great blog. You are definetly a gifted writer........love you, Mom
Post a Comment