Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Great friends think alike

Don’t you love when you are thinking of someone and at the exact same moment that person is thinking of you? Today I was sitting outside while the boys were playing and thinking about my friend Brandi. Her and her husband T.C. and their little girls moved to Kentucky over a year ago. I hadn’t talk to her in a couple months and was missing her, then the phone rang and it was her! I was so excited to talk to her. She is a fellow stay at home mom like me and since she moved to Kentucky she has started making her own bread, granola and uses cloth diapers. I guess that’s what Kentucky will do to you. I’m really getting into making my own things lately too instead of buying EVERTHING. I even looked into making my own laundry detergent. I know crazy but Elisha has major skin problems and I can’t afford to buy all the natural organic detergent. So after talking to Brandi I am now inspired to get my bread machine back out do more “stay at home mom stuff” but I don’t think I’ll be going to cloth diapers….at least not yet.

Brandi and I Christmas 2006

7 comments:

The Bagley Bunch said...

aaaaw...I recognize that pic! I miss her too :(. I spoke to her as well on the phone today--how fun! Love you girl :)

Jacob said...

Cloth diapers... wow... that's hardcore.

Allison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allison said...

Thats so cool that you're getting back into baking and stuff...making your own detergent? wow that sounds hard...but I am sure you can do it :)
I think the best part about this is thinking about Jacob changing the cloth diapers... lol. OK jk

Jacob said...

Ewww.... I've only changed two diapers in my life, and they were both disposable. And, they were BOTH the worst experiences of my life.

brazealfamily said...

Sweet Brandi, we all miss her. So before you dive off the deep end and do your own laundry detergent:).... Costco has an all natural laundry detergent that works great and is about the price of All detergent it is super cheap. Chase has alot of skin irritants as well and this works great. I do have to say though my mom started Brentten on cloth diapers and I had to change his diapers and rinse them in the bathtub, I admire Brandi that is rough compare to disposable!

The Bagley Bunch said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELISHA!!!!!!!!


Love you big boy :)! Er...I mean--young man...or what was it that Vince called him when he was born...Man Child?! hahaha

Love you guys!