Thursday, September 25, 2008
10 years ago today......
Vince and I had our first date. We had known each other for about 2 months and been talking at church and on the phone when he suddenly asked me to go out to dinner with him. We went to Ruby's on the pier in Huntington beach. While we waited for our table outside on the pier the wind was blowing and it was a little cold, neither of us had sweaters. So as we talked standing about two feet apart I must have looked pretty cold because some guy walked by and said "Why don't you give the girl your shirt? Or at least put your arm around her" (Awkward). We then ate dinner right by the window over looking the ocean. I got a grilled cheese and he got a cheeseburger. Then we had the official conversation I don't remember exactly what Vince said but something to the effect of "I like you more then any of the other girls around" I remember thinking Great....thanks.........But in the midst of him stumbling over his words to tell me he liked me I realized what he meant. Then I said something like "I like you too" (Awkward again). Then after dinner we walked down to Starbucks and got a warm coffee to drink and watched the sunset. We sat and talked and Vince joked around and made me laugh. At one point we set our coffee down and a homeless man came right up and stole it. So we laughed about that and figured he must have been desperate for a warm drink to go as far as stealing ours right in front of us. We headed back to the car and he drove me home and walked me to the door. The rest is history! 10 years and two kids later he is still my favorite person to be around:) He makes me laugh more then anybody. Prays with me and for me and is always pointing me to Jesus. My walk with God is stronger daily because of Him. And he still likes me more then any other girl around:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
awww!! that is such a cute story!!
You guys are a great example to me and i love you both so much!!
May the Lord continue to bless your marriage and your family! :D
whoa, they had starbucks back then???
Oh ya. Hi Kim, Vince, and the boys, I am a blogger now!
Awww thats a really cute story :D
I love your guy's story! So funny--we had our first "official" date at Ruby's on the pier in Balboa as well :). Only, I bet Vince didn't let you put lipstick on him like Daniel let me put mine on him!! I was putting it on my lips and after I was done, I made the gesture of doing it to him as a joke and he let me...the waiter probably thought we were so weird! Hahaha--we told our pastor about that during our premarital counseling and he made sure to let everyone know that little tid bit at our wedding!! Poor Daniel :). Ah, the things you do when you are in love! You guys are just as cute together as ever :). Love you
That is such a sweet story! God has blessed you guys so much! :) I pray He continues raining His blessing down on you.
You made me cry as I remembered all those moments.....!!
Love you,
Mom
Post a Comment