Friday, September 12, 2008

Friends Forever:)

I know you are probably laughing at my title it sounds so Jr. High:)

Anyways, Last week we drove out and visited my friend Veronica and her kids Sammy, and baby Isaac. I have talked about Veronica several times before and how we were both pregnant with our first babies together. When I first found out I was pregnant with Elisha I felt all alone in my pregnancy. I was so excited to be pregnant but I didn't personally know ANYONE else pregnant. I was really involved in High School ministry at the time and all of the sudden no one else was in the same stage of life that I was in. All my friends were either not married or not even close to having kids. Then I met Veronica and we instantly clicked and we were both 5 weeks pregnant. Then for 9 months straight we talked non-stop about being pregnant. So as we talked and sympathized with each other about being pregnant our husbands would talk about what it's like having a pregnant wife. Actually, they probably more counseled each other on how to handle their overly emotional wives.

Then Veronica had Samantha and 6 days later I had Elisha. So then we talked all the time about how much our babies eat, spit up, and don't sleep. We would sit together in the mother’s room every Sunday and Wednesday night and try to stay awake in the quiet dark room. Now our little babies our both 3 1/2 and we both have our 2nd kids already. I could go on and on about the memories we share together.

We don't get to see Veronica and Daniel as often but we treasure each time we hang out with them. They are both godly people who strive to walk with God and raise a godly family. Each time I'm around Veronica I'm encouraged as a mom and in my relationship with God. We love you guys!!!

Josiah, Sammy, Isaac and Elisha!!

3 comments:

Jon and alyssa said...

Elisha, and Josiah look like twins!

It is really fun to be prego with a friend!

The Bagley Bunch said...

Oh my goodness girl--you make me smile!! Haha I was laughing so hard about that comment about our husbands counseling each other :)!! And who says you are "bad" at titles? :)~ That was a good one...jr-high-sounding or not :). LOVE YOU GIRL and maybe our "new year's resolution" (still a long ways off from now but hey), should be to see each other AT LEAST once a month! We can switch off houses even :). Just a thought. LOVE YOU!! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I've said it before, but I have to say it again..... You should be a writer. You really have a way with words.
Thank you for sharing this story about your wonderful friendship.
Love you honey,
Mom