Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm back

I'm going to take up blogging again. I've been MIA for awhile and it all started when my camera broke, and I don't usually blog without pictures because I don't have very interesting things to say so I let my pictures say it all. So now that I have a new camera hopefully I will keep up on blogging. I haven't even been reading many other blogs either so I'm looking forward to catching up on your blogs too.

Anyways, I took up sewing here is my first project. I bought this pattern for this cute doll online. I made this for my friends little girl for her birthday. I plan on making a few more of them for Christmas gifts.

secondly, we started doing family nights with the kids. We've done a pirate night, baseball night and just recently did a David & Goliath night. Here is a few pictures from our David & Goliath night.


Vince was Goliath, Elisha was David and Josiah and I were Saul's army. We were gracious to Vince and instead of letting Elisha throw 5 smooth stones at him we used 5 smooth marshmallows:)

For dinner we had meatballs to resemble the stones David used.
and then for dessert we used the marshmallows to make s'mores. Fun night. I will post more pictures in another blog of other family nights we've done.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you coming back (i've been MIA too lol)!

Can't wait to see more pics those are so cute! (well not the vince part haha)

& I loved the doll (which you already knew)! :)

Jon and alyssa said...

Yay!I have missed you!

I have also been sewing and really enjoying it! maybe its because its one of those hobbies you can do it in shifts. Like during naptime!

Anonymous said...

I have three things to say...#1, I didn't know you knew what "MIA" meant...#2 I wore that outfit for the boys, not for your blog...#3 I love you and you are such a talented writer. You make me laugh!

Your Honey

Kim said...

Honey,

#1 Don't you remember when you taught me what MIA meant recently, had to take my chace to use it:)

#2 watch out now that I have a camera again anything you do can now go on my blog without your permission..... sorry:)

#3 Love you too!!!!

RJ McCauley said...

Yay for the comeback Kim! We love seeing the pictures of the family. God bless!

David said...

That is awesome! Glad to see you guys fulfilling Deuteronomy 6!

Lindy PRD said...

Cool, glad you got a new camera and just in time for the holidays too :) I love your little doll. I got a sewing machine too. Want to collaborate?

Cowen Family said...

I've missed reading:) And, I always think you have interesting things to say:)

Alyssa said...

"5 smooth marshmallows" haha that's clever! :)

RJ McCauley said...

I miss your bloggin! When are you going to update again?